View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samale1
Social
Never shuts up

re: Raiding Rules and plan

Hey all,

We currently have plenty of people at 50 and it is time to put a raid plan in place. Below I have outlined some information for raiders and some of the expectations that we will be putting on people regarding attaining raider status and how we will be moving forwards as a whole.

Ideology;
Titan are essentially a core group of members who have played many MMOs together over the years, and who work together extremely well as a team. This central 'family' expands with every game we play and new friends are made along the way. Coming into Rift, our focus is on creating a strong community of likeminded players, but with the flexibility to be social and fun when the need arises, but also to push the boundaries of progression and become one of the finest raiding guilds on the server. As we all have different desires in game, we hope to accommodate as many styles of play as possible under our wings.

Class Leaders and respective class members;
Our goal with class leaders is to provide a central point of support for all members. Any class specific queries or raid rotations will be dealt with by the respective class leaders, in cooperation with the raid leader. Class leaders will also determine 'raid readiness', ensuring each raiding member is equipped with an acceptable spec, equipment, enhancements and consumables. They will also assist with spec balances for specific encounters and provide support to the raid leader during raids.

Raider Ranks;
Raider ranks will be awarded to members who have shown appropriate raid mentality and attitude. This includes (but not limited to) good knowledge of their own class, raid encounters, information sources, alternative roles/souls and also come fully equipped to raids on time, whilst maintaining a positive and helpful attitude throughout. With the complex class system, a good raider will also look to help other members with spec and gear choices in support of the class leaders. Raiders will be given priority raid slots over non-members and potentially preference with loot drops where it benefits guild progression. When they become available, certain benefits may be awarded such as reduced price items, cost reducing perks and other examples which also benefit overall guild progress.

Sign ups will be done through the forum calendar until Trion pulls its finger out and gives us some decent in-game tools. We will announce the first sign up via the guild message of the day shortly.

Raid Schedule;
We will be raiding using the following schedule. All invites will commence 15 mins prior to the raid and people will expect to be prepared in accordance with the class leader expectations.

Tuesday - 7PM GMT - 11PM GMT

Thursday - 7PM GMT - 11PM GMT

Sunday - 7PM GMT - 11PM GMT

Rotations;
Rotations will be handled through the class leader but this is one area that I view really strongly. Initially we will need to test a number of players to see who/what works and doesn't. If people have issues with rotation then please feel free to talk to me but I will do what is absolutely necessary to ensure consistent progress.

Raiding Loot System;
We are looking at a point system called EPGP. Please see the link below for details on this system as it currently stands within WOW. Due to the fact that Rift is so new there are still some issues around plug-ins but until that system commences we will be using a roll based system. The Raid Leader has the final decision over gear distribution no matter what system is in place.
http://www.epgpweb.com/help/system

Raiding Strategy and Composition;
Our raiding aim, is to be the best raiding guild we can within the schedule that we have in place. There will always be guilds raiding 7 days a week to clear content and our schedule may change according to what the game throws at us but as a starting point we will begin with a 3 day schedule. The plan will be to run two 10 mans initially with a third being setup once we have the right balance and numbers. Those 10 mans will form the backbone of our 20 man group with ideally 30 people competing for the 20 man raid spots. There will be no A and B team from the 10 man's as we do not want clique's forming within the guild. Subsequently there will be active rotations between groups so we can assess people and also understand class mechanics and play styles in more depth.

Vent Discipline and Raid Contribution;

We have a number of experienced raiders and raid leaders from other games in this guild. If you wish to raid lead with us there are two options; Prove your worth and the opportunity may arise, alternatively if this is an issue, you simply find yourself another guild. Every potential raider is still on trial status with us regarding raiding. We have alot of competition for places so if somebody does not meet the required skill level, is unable to follow raid leader instruction, repeatedly cannot step out of fire, does not come prepared, turns up late or simply is not constructive then that person will not be raiding with Titan.

Things will become more flexible over time but for right now we have a good group of MMO players but no idea on our ability to work as a team. I am sure that everybody has some idea how we could do things and this is simply how we will be doing things until we reach the required standard.

During raids Vent should be used for important messages relating to the raid and nothing else. Thinks like "OMG I did a 4k crit" do not need to be heard on vent as it distracts other people from relaying information that is needed. If you have something constructive to put across then relay it after the kill or the attempt is completed. Over time people will become accustomed to what is and isn't useful information.

If you have any queries relating to raiding do not hesitate to contact me or your class leader in game. If you are in doubt just be focused, listen, and do what is asked of you. Simple really.

Planned Raid Setup;
We will be raiding 20 man on a full schedule once we have two 10 mans up and running. The balance of classes between the two 10 mans will be slightly different than that used for 20. On the basis of very limited information we will be looking at an approximate setup as outlined below;

Warrior (Tank) - Single Target (physical/magical) and Aoe Target
Warrior - (Tank) - Single Target
Rogue (Tank) - Single Target

We will have the option on a fourth tank to cover specific encounters/availability etc.

Cleric - Single and Grp Healing Builds
Support Mage - Chloromancer
Support Mage - Chloromancer
Support Rogue - Full Bard

Support Rogue - Full Bard (Potentially a second)

Warrior - Melee and Ranged Builds (Secondary Geared Tank)
Warrior - Melee and Ranged Builds
Rogue - Melee, Ranged and Bard Builds
Rogue - Melee, Ranged and Bard Builds

Mage - Ranged DPS and Support Knowledge (Archon/Chloromancer/Dominator)

Mage - Pure Support (Potentially)

Cleric (AOE) or Mage - Ranged Offensive

Classes represented:

6 Warriors
5 Mages
4 Clerics
4-5 Rogues

I have not balanced this initial raid setup around what is the best of any class at the moment. I believe that Trion will balance things over time and that getting a balanced raid maximising on buff/class synergies is going to be more important in the long run. If we encounter issues such as a lack of dps/healing then I will drill down and look at specifics. I will be asking eack of you to post about your overall class and what specific abilities/buffs/debuffs they bring to the raid.

I also have a tendency to stack healing/support as we learn the encounters to give us time to see how specific mechanics work in terms of function and effect. In this case any of the classes with backup support/healer specs may be asked to change spec but this will always allow us additional fight flexibility anyway. I will prioritise raid invites for one person over another if both are equally skilled in their main build but one of them understands their support class in more detail. Just be prepared to be really flexible.

5 Man Groups/Reputation rewards;
The onus is on every raider to get 5 mans done, get plaques and get yourself geared in readiness for 10 and 20 man content. There is too much to be organised for us to hand-hold people through this process. Whisper level 50s in the guild and find out who wants groups and who doesnt. Show some initiative and PUG it if you have to. Just get yourself geared. We also expect people to be working towards specific notoriety rewards that are upgrades for your character. If you need any advice in this area then do not hesitate to contact your class leader, but they will not put the groups together for you, and are more likely to help those who help themselves.

We have a large number of new people in the guild so getting things right may take a little time. These rules will form the backbone of our raiding and they are in the main standard to any serious raiding community. I enjoy raiding when people are focused and progressing towards new content and this system will help us facilitate that.

Any questions come speak with me.

Sam

PS Cheers for the help Mike!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Titan Forum Index -> Public Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum